Abhijit is Senior Fellow with ORF’s Economy and Growth Programme. His main areas of research include macroeconomics and public policy, with core research areas in monetary economics and the political economy of finance.
Abhijit has extensive experience in economic and policy research, academia, business school teaching, and academic administration.
He has a keen interest in micro and macro business environment, sectoral industry case studies, and issues related to public finance, agriculture and development economics. Abhijit is widely published in various academic journals, periodicals, and online platforms.
- Development Economics
- Government Policy Making
- Indian Economy
- International Trade and Business
- Micro and Macro Business Environment
- Monetary Economics, and Political Economy of Finance
- Public Finance
- Principal Consultant, Thought Arbitrage Research Institute
- Senior Economist, Economic Research Foundation
- Associate Professor and Area Chair (Economics & Sustainable Development), IILM Institute for Higher Education
- Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Policy Researcher, Investment Research and Information Services Private Limited (IRIS)
- M. Phil. & M.A in Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Economics, Calcutta University