Dr. Aditya Bhan is a Fellow at ORF. He is passionate about conducting research at the intersection of geopolitics, national security, technology and economics.
Aditya has authored research papers in reputed national and international journals, and articles in popular print media. His research addresses myriad issues including the counter-terrorism (CT) impact of operational externalities, tactical CT against terror cells, the effects of terrorist intergroup cooperation, the Indian cybersecurity landscape, and India’s foreign policy.
Aditya is also a self-taught investor with experience in constructing and managing portfolio including direct equity, mutual funds, (debt, equity and hybrid), and exchange-traded funds. He has traded profitably in equity as well as in equity derivatives (futures and options). He adheres to strict risk management criteria (also self-developed) and has grown his investment portfolio at a compounded annual growth rate of 20% over the last three years, and at 9% since inception in 2016.
Aditya received his M.Sc. and Ph.D in Quantitative Economics from Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata in 2012 and 2020 repectively, and has served as Assistant Professor of Economics at FLAME University, Pune for a two-year duration.
- Terrorism and counter-terrorism
- South Asia
- Assistant Professor of Economics, FLAME University, Pune
- Senior Research Fellow, ISI Kolkata
- Junior Research Fellow, ISI Kolkata
- Management Trainee, ICICI Bank, Mumbai
- Project Trainee, Wipro Technologies, Kolkata
- Ph.D. Quantitative Economics, ISI Kolkata
- M.Sc. Quantitative Economics, ISI Kolkata
- B.Sc. (Hons) Economics, St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- St. James’ School, Kolkata