Anamitra Anurag Danda is Senior Visiting Fellow with ORF’s Energy and Climate Change Programme. His research interests include: sustainability and stewardship, collective action and institution building, adaptation to climate change, and nature conservation.
Anamitra has worked in the areas of sustainability, sustainable development and nature conservation for over two decades. He has long implementation experience in the areas of energy access, climate change adaptation, sustainable livelihoods, education, community forestry, and nature conservation.
He has been a practitioner for nearly two and a half decades in the environment and development sectors. Bulk of his experience in nature conservation, the practice of sustainable development and adaptation to climate change was gained in the Sundarban region. He is the Director, Sundarbans Programme, WWF-India.
- Social research
- Sustainable Development
- Environment Management
- Sustainability Education
- Director, Sundarbans Programme, WWF-India
- Dean, Jagdish Sheth School of Management & Controller of Exams, Vijaybhoomi University
- Programme Lead — Climate Change Adaptation, WWF-India
- Adjunct Associate Professor, IMT Ghaziabad
- PhD Sustainable Development, University of Twente
- MA Sociology and Social Anthropology, North Bengal University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Environment Management, Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management